The weather has been terribly warm these days. It is no wonder in this weather, we can’t really escape from having pimples. This time round thesamplestore sent me two products from Acnes for review!
First up is the Acnes Medicated Creamy Wash.
In case you can’t read from the product’s label. I have it here all for you:
- Remove excess sebum and keeps your skin soft & moist! Mild an non irritating creamy wash for daily use to effectively prevent pimples!
- Anti Bacterial: Contains isopropyl Methyphenol(o-Cymen-5-ol) which penetrates deep into pores to fight against bacteria and prevent pimples.
- Soothing: Helps sooth redness and skin irritation caused by acne. Prevent aggravation of pimples.
- Deep Cleansing: Helps unclogs pores and reduce blemishes by deep cleansing to remove dirt, oil, impurities and excess sebum.
- Moisture Retention: Contains Vitamin C with moisture retention benefits, leaving your skin soft and moisturized after wash.
- Anti-oxidation: Contains Vitamin E, an effective anti-oxidant, to keep the elasticity of your skin
The product is really thick and creamy
Really needs some water to lather on your skin.
My take: I don’t fancy this product. First I hate the smell, it smells weird. Second, it is difficult to lather. Third it stings my pimple wound. Do note that this product CANNOT be used on irritated skin or open wounds. So you use it when you have pimples, but you can’t use it if your pimples are inflamed and bursting. And lastly, this product gives me a squeaky clean feeling which I really dislike. Although it seems to clean really well, it makes my skin pretty dry.
The next product is the Acnes Daily Facial Scrub
This product consists of green beads and blue beads.
The green beads give deep cleansing power, that kills acne bacterial, heals and prevent pimples. It deep cleanse your pores and unclog them.
The blue beads gives delightful cooling and soothing massage.
Other ingredients include Aloe Vera, cucumber, Vit. C and E that helps to reduce blemishes and redness and help lighten pimple scars.
My take: Again, this product is hard to lather. Having used so many scrubs, this is the first scrub that I have to wet my hands to use it. Normally I would use scrubs on entirely dry skin and palms. The cooling sensation is wonderful on the skin and it makes me feel that this product is working. I don’t mind trying this again but I would definitely not purchase it as there are better products out there in the market.
Then again, what doesn’t work for me might work for you.
“Like” the Acnes FB page and redeem your 3-steps kit samples here.