Current status: standing on the line of giving up and seeing how much more I can take.
I’m sure many of my friends who are still mugging for tomorrow’s paper faces the same problem as I do.
I’m definitely not able to finish reading all 44 proses. It’s too tough for me to handle.
But I’ve definitely tried my best to read whatever I could, even till the last hour.
Here’s some learning tips which I found on the web.
For people who need to mug for their exam. 🙂
1. The brain’s concentration for an adult is only 25 mins.
For adults, after learning for 20 to 30 mins, we should rest for 10 mins. take the time to do something else.
2. If you are feeling tired, take a short nap. you will do better thereafter.
3. As the brain is made up of water. It is essential to drink lots of water. Once dehydrated, it will influence ur concentration. Frequent headaches and dehydration are related. You may also like to change different beverages throughout consumption.
4. Concentration varies throughout the day. Make use of the time when ur brain is the most active to do the most learning.
5. The brain don’t know what to do or what not to do. Tell them.
6. Repetition is the way to good memory work. So always go through what you’ve learnt at the end of the day.
7. Lastly, stay calm and cool. Do not be stressed up!
* I always believe in resting in the midst of work. Whenever I find myself losing concentration, I’d do something else like surfing the net or blogging. If I find myself reading the same lines over and over again, I’d go for an hour’s nap. And surprisingly, when I wake up, I actually took lesser time to finish what I’ve been trying to finish before my nap.
As I work better in the morning, I always wake up earlier than usual to start my mugging day and make sure I go to bed before 1am. I’m tired, yes. But I need to strive on.
I don’t believe in working through the night, burning mid night oil because I’d just be staying awake for the sake of being awake and not feeling guilty because I didn’t study. But what’s going to happen is, am I really studying in the middle of the night? Or am I just wasting time?