I’ve been using Biotherm Aquasource Skin Perfection as my day time moisturizer for a month plus and I thought it’s time for me to review this product!
For the Aquasource line, there is actually quite a few moisturizers. I got the skin perfection because the SA told me this is for all skin type and best for sensitive skin and when I tried the texture of this moisturizer, I was sold. It’s not a cream formula, neither is it a gel formula. It has a velvety soft skin texture which I really don’t know how to explain in words. You have to try out to have a feel of it.
From Biotherm’s website:
The first treatment in the Aquasource range to combine the equivalent of 5,000 liters of Thermal Spring Water with 35 million perfecting Aquakeep™ microshperes to provide 24h hydration. The refreshing frosted texture works like a re-surfacing glaze to reduce skin irregularities and dull complexion.
TEXTURE: Perfecting, frosted, granita-like texture with refreshing cooling-effect. Non-sticky and non-shiny.
INCLUDES: Aquakeep™ technology: Holds the equivalent of 5,000 liters of Thermal Spa Water for 24h non-stop intense hydration.
Beautifying pigments + Trace-Sugar: Restructures skin surface from within for a perfect skin.
Manganese Crystals + Cooling Agent: Boosts micro-circulation and activates adiance.
Touch. Velvety-soft skin texture
Feel. Moisturized skin 24h non stop
See. Crystal-clear glow
The word 24hr non-stop hydration made me buy this product. And after a month of trying, here’s what I’ve to say about this:
– Cooling effect when applied. Drops the skin temperature to prepare my skin for better makeup application.
– The texture is amazing and is easily absorbed.
– Sufficient hydrating power and kept my skin hydrated for at least 4 – 5 hours before oil starts to surface.
– Comes in a tub so it’s not as convenient and I’ve to use a spatula.
– Expensive and yet they do not provide a spatula. I had expected to be given one.
– Contains heavy fragrance which many said smelt soapy. I couldn’t take the heavy smell initially.
– I do not think this is suitable for sensitive skin since it contains fragrance and a little alcohol.
– Obviously it does not prove 24hr non-stop hydration.
Overall I give this a 7/10 …a nice cooling moisturizer with sufficient hydration in the summer time. … but just not good enough to be my favourite.
Will I purchase again?