I was sponsored the hello kitty limited makeup set for review recently that consists of kawaii duo shadow, Tokyo hit blush, magnetic lip gloss and the pretty mascara. If anything, the packaging is too cute to be missed. I’m sure the kitty fans would love this! This limited set also come with the kitty pouch which is very useful as a handy makeup pouch.
And since the new year is coming, I’m sure many girls would want to doll up! If you are new to eye shadow application, follow till the end of this post for a simple tutorial! 🙂
Kawaii Duo Shadow – $14.90
This eyeshadow consists of brown and gold which is very suitable for everyday use. If you are a beginner, it is definitely safe to start with this! It is usually hard to be wrong with the browns.
The colour goes on subtly and needs at least two application for the colour to turn out beautifully.
Hello Kitty Pretty Mascara – $18.90
This mascara promises length and volume due to the fibre brush. So did it does what it promises?
Length yes …volume not so. And the colour is not as black as I would love it to be. It also does not have curling power. Not my holy grail mascara definitely. But this mascara is easily washed away though!
Tokyo Hit Blush – $17.90
The blusher goes on sheer so it’s harder to make mistake that way. The colour is buildable on the skin.
Hello Kitty Magnetic Gloss – $18.90
I have not tried the gloss yet because I have too many at home! But the colour does look attractive to me though! It seems to contain shimmers as well.
Okay …here’s a little pictorial description on how to use the eyeshadow!
1. Apply the gold shadow all over the lid and crease. Pat it on instead of swiping the colour for better pigmentation.
2. Apply the brown shadow on the outer V all the way up to half of the crease. This will create a deeper set of eyes.
3. Use the brown shadow and apply on half of the outer lower lid.
4. Draw the eyeliner as close to the lashes as possible
5. Use a pearl eyeshadow/liner and line the inner corner to open up the eyes.
6. Apply two coats of mascara
Takashimaya Shopping Center, Plaza Singapura, Suntec City and IMM.